• NWA Certified Meteorologist / Anchor / Reporter
• B.S. in Broadcast Meteorology from Mississippi State University
• Minor in Communications from Mississippi State University
KDLT NBC 5, Sioux Falls, SD
November 2009 – Present
• Perform live weathercasts at the 5, 6, and 10 pm newscasts Monday through Thursday,
co-anchor and perform the 5 and 10 pm newscasts on Sundays, and during severe weather.
• In the fall of 2011, began co-anchoring the Sunday shows during football season while
still performing weathercasts which involved reading and writing news stories.
• Manage all weather related functions, procedures, and equipment along with supervising
the morning and weekend meteorologists.
• Daily duties include creating all graphics, analyzing and forecasting daily weather, updating
all weather information that is posted to our website, perform several daily weather
updates and teases.
• Built all of our graphics from the ground up including our Livewire severe weather crawl.
• Produce and perform weekend news and weather cut-ins for the Today Show.
• Perform severe weather cut-ins as well as cut-ins for other major weather events.
• Post regularly on the KDLT Weather Blog which I created in 2009.
• Shoot, write, and edit stories about major weather events as well as weather-related stories.
May 2008 – November 2009
• Co-anchor one hour weekday morning show.
• Perform morning TV cut-ins for Weather Plus and the NBC Today Show.
• Perform satellite interviews and studio interviews.
• Duties include creating all graphics, analyzing and forecasting daily weather,
updating information, pictures, and videos to our website, and community
service such as weather presentations to schools and businesses.
• Shoot, write, and edit weather packages and morning segments.
• Photographer for station reporters.
MSU Geosciences Website
August 2007 – May 2008
• Perform a weather webcast that was broadcast on the Mississippi State
KPHO CBS 5, Phoenix, AZ
• Develop rundown for the 1 minute web weather, 30 second weather now
segment, and the 5pm, 6pm, and 10pm weathercasts.
• Use 3D Live radar "flys" during the show.
• Build specific graphics for daily weather events.
Skills and Awards
• Received the NWA Seal of approval in September of 2012.
• Received an Eric Sevareid award “Best Weathercast” for 2011, AP Awards for “Best
Weathercast” for 2010 and 2011, and “Best Overall Newscast” for 2009. Also
received an Emmy nomination for my part in a 30 Minute special on “50 years
of KDLT” for 2010.
• Well versed in Weather Central graphics which includes 3D Live, ESP Live, X Vision,
Metline, WxWarn, Livewire and Dual Pole Doppler radar. Also well versed in Microsoft
Word, Power Point, and Excel. Have experience with WSI graphics and Weather
• Took part in the 2007-2008 National Forecasting Competition and was the top
forecaster from MSU and one of the lead forecasters in the nation.
Please contact me for a copy of my references.